Torrevieja: +34 966 704 216
  • en

What is an Energy Performance Certificate?

What is an Energy Performance Certificate?

After 1st June 2013 every domestic property for sale or long term rent needs to have an Energy Performance Certificate in Spain. Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) or as they are properly called, Certificado de Eficiencia Energetica (CEE), are documents which will show how energy efficient your home is displayed as a rating from A to G. Much like the stickers you see on things such as fridge freezers, washing machines or air conditioning units, the energy performance certificate in Spain gives the property a standard energy and carbon emission efficiency grade from ‘A’ to ‘G’, where ‘A’ is the most efficient and ‘G’ is the least efficient. By law, every property being sold or let must be able to produce this certificate. Please contact us if you require assistance with this.

certificacion-energetica (1)

close slider


Did you know that you could qualify for an Inspection Trip in Spain?

Obtain more information now:


    (please check if you would like us to send you our newsletter periodically).